call for designers
Brainy Acts presents
seamless :: computational couture
February 1, 2006 — fashion show
January 1, 2006 — submission deadline
seamless is a fashion show of interactive and technology-based runway couture featuring models wearing real clothes that inspire and provoke. seamless v.2 is taking place on Wednesday, February 1, 7pm at the Museum of Science in Boston.
we are inviting new designs for apparel, accessories, or any wearable creation. we are looking for works by students or designers who are exploring the boundaries of technology and the body, the interaction between ourselves and our clothes. for a glimpse of the scope of possibilities, see images and descriptions from the previous seamless show.
proposals should include:
- a description of the completed piece, a sketch or photograph, the concept, and how it should be presented.
- how many models would you need?
- models will be on the runway for five minutes maximum. how will the garment be presented in this context?
- model specifications: sex, sizing, height, shoe size, coloring, any preferences, etc.
- images of past work or a link to your website
- email your design idea(s) by Sunday, January 1, 2006 to: seamless-producers at sigtronica dot org.
- designer must be available to attend Tuesday, January 31 dress rehearsal at the Museum of Science, Boston and the Wednesday, February 1, 7pm event.
- each designer will be given a small honorarium.
- students are especially encouraged to submit.
- we are accepting current, past and new work.
- if selected, designers must commit to completing their design and participating at the show/dress rehearsal in person.
- questions? write to seamless-producers at sigtronica dot org.